While cleaning out my closet at my parent’s house this week, I found one of my mother’s old, cotton cycling jerseys (can you believe it was made out of 100% cotton? Ew!)
With pockets and everything.
To make it wearable, I decided to cut out the logo and sew it to one of my own cotton shirts. I’ve got a pretty good hand at sewing, so no big deal. Learned my way around a sewing machine when I was seven, so hand-stitching is easy.
Here’s the finished product:
But as a cyclist, sewing comes in handy more often than you might think. It certainly makes jean-buying a lot easier. I just by the jeans to fit my legs (meaning the waist of the pants is about 2-4 inches bigger than my body) and sew darts in the back to take in the waistline.
Today, I made gluten-free muesli for the third or fourth time from this recipe. Delicious! Also, here is a picture of my new hair cut which I swear looks shorter in real life than in the picture!